Food Services Department
Distance Learning Food Services (Seamless Summer Option)
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) recently announced that they are permitting school districts who currently operate under the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) to transition to the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) feeding program until December 31, 2020, which would allow schools to serve meals to all children in the community aged 18 and under free of charge.
Starting Tuesday, September 15, 2020, the Pembroke Pines Charter Schools (PPCS) will transition to the SSO feeding program and all meals served to children aged 18 and under will be for FREE of charge. Please note that your child does not need to attend the PPCS to receive free meals.
**IMPORTANT: The meals pick up times for distance learners have been changed to 10 am – 12 pm and 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm.**
To register to participate in the SSO meal service, please complete the registration form by clicking on the link below:
Please click on the Contactless Drive-Through SSO informational document and the SSO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document which contains useful information pertaining to the SSO Meal Pickup Service, such as a sample menu and pick up locations.
National School Lunch Program: Free & Reduced-Price School Meals Family Application
Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Due to the increased costs of printing and going "green" Chartwells has decided to no longer print monthly breakfast and lunch menus for every student. The menus can be found on the Pembroke Pines Charter Schools website. There will be some menus delivered to the school each month for those who may not have internet access.
The Chartwells Promise
Making sure students enjoy what they eat can do wonders for growing minds. It has always been the Chartwells promise and commitment to provide customized solutions to support academic achievement at the highest levels. We practice a single-minded commitment to building strong bodies, sharp minds, and establishing the foundation for a long, healthy life. We call this Eat. Learn. Live.
In order to better serve our parents, the Pembroke Pines Charter Schools offers MyPaymentsPlus which allows parents to conveniently manage their child's school meal account. Please visit MyPaymentsPlus to make deposits and/or monitor your student's meal account.
MyPaymentsPlus is a state-of-the-art online service that provides you the convenience and information you need to manage your student’s meal account. This system speeds up serving lines in the cafeteria, eliminates the need to send checks to school or worry about lost or forgotten lunch money, and ensures that your child will receive a nutritious meal.
At no cost, MyPaymentsPlus allows any family to:
- Create a free, secured account to manage all of your student's accounts
- Check your student’s current account balance
- Monitor the items your student has been purchasing in the cafeteria
- Create settings to receive email notifications when the account reaches a low balance
Furthermore, MyPaymentsPlus allows any family to:
- Make a prepayment into your student’s meal account using a check, credit card, or debit card at MyPaymentsPlus or by calling 1 877-237-0946. Funds deposited through MyPaymentsPlus are usually available for student use within a matter of minutes. This feature eliminates the need to send a check to the school or worry about lost or forgotten lunch money.
- Create settings to automatically replenish your student’s account when it reaches a low balance
If you prefer to make payments or check balances via phone, a toll-free number has been created for our school, 877-237-0946.
To create a new account, visit MyPaymentsPlus. Follow the onscreen directions and register your student using their Student ID number. Your student ID number can be obtained by contacting support at 877-237-0946. We encourage you to visit MyPaymentsPlus or call 877-237-0946 today.
Earn While Your Children Learn! Full and part-time employment opportunities are available with Chartwells Dining Services for the 2020 - 2021 school year! Please email Javier Diaz.
- Offer vs Serve Letter (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Feedback for Students and Parents (PDF) Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- How to Build a Healthy Plate (PDF) Opens a New Window.